Monday, April 13, 2009

Blisters from uneven ground - is it my tennis shoes or just my feet?

Every time I wear tennis shoes on uneven ground and walk for a while, I get blisters. This happens when I%26#039;m hiking or walking around at a camp site. My question is, will hiking shoes/boots fix the problem? Or is it that my shoes are a bit too loose? Or is there some conditioning problem with my feet?





I suspected I needed hiking boots at first, but I know someone who hikes mountains in flip-flops and she seems to do OK.

Blisters from uneven ground - is it my tennis shoes or just my feet?
3 things cause blisters. Heat, Friction and Moisture. Eliminate one of those, and you won%26#039;t have blisters.





Chances are your tennis shoes are too loose, maybe too large and when walking on uneven ground your foot slides around in them causing blisters.





Try getting a sneaker that fits a little tighter, and as far as hiking shoes go; I suggest Merrell Chamelon%26#039;s.
Reply:Try wearing a thin pair of cotton socks under a thicker pair. This reduces the friction on your skin. Make sure you powder your feet regularly to keep them dry. Hiking boots are better than tennis shoes if you are walking long distances.



hair accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment